EVpedia figure collections
You could download EVpedia-related figure collections via this link.
The secretion of extracellular vesicles (EVs) is a universal cellular process occurring from simple organisms, such as archaea and bacteria, to complex multi-cellular organisms, including mammals. This suggests that EV-mediated communication is an evolutionarily conserved process. These EVs are spherical bilayered proteolipids with an average diameter of 20-1,000 nm, and are enriched with various bioactive materials, including proteins, genetic materials, and lipids. Although proteomic, transcriptomic (mRNA and miRNA), and lipidomic analyses have allowed several thousands of vesicular proteins, transcripts, and lipids to be cataloged, there is still the lack of resources providing vesicular proteome, transcriptome, and lipidome database from diverse types of cells and analytical tools for comparative analyses.
EVpedia is an integrated and comprehensive proteome, transcriptome, and lipidome database of EVs derived from archaea, bacteria, and eukarya, including human. EVpedia provides an array of tools, such as search and browse tools for vesicular proteins, comparison of vesicular datasets by ortholog identification, Gene Ontology enrichment analyses and network analyses of vesicular proteins. Furthermore, EVpedia provides databases of vesicular mRNAs, miRNAs, and lipids. Thus, EVpedia might serve as a useful community resource to trigger the advancement of systematic and comprehensive studies of EVs and to unveil the fundamental roles of EVs.
To refer EVpedia, please cite these papers
- Kim DK, Kang B, Kim OY, Choi DS, Lee J, Kim SR, Go G, Yoon YJ, Kim JH, Jang SC, Park KS, Choi EJ, Kim KP, Desiderio DM, Kim YK, Lotvall J, Hwang D, and Gho YS. "EVpedia: an integrated database of high-throughput data for systemic analyses of extracellular vesicles." PubMed Link
J Extracell Vesicles. 2:20384, 2013.
- Choi DS, Kim DK, Kim YK, and Gho YS. "Proteomics, transcriptomics, and lipidomics of exosomes and ectosomes."
Proteomics. 13(10-11):1554-1571, 2013. PubMed Link
- Choi DS, Kim DK, Kim YK, and Gho YS. "Proteomics of extracellular vesicles: Exosomes and ectosomes."
Mass Spectrom Rev. 34(4):474-490, 2015. PubMed Link
- Kim DK, Lee J, Kim SR, Choi DS, Yoon YJ, Kim JH, Go G, Nhung D, Hong K, Jang SC, Kim SH, Park KS, Kim OY, Park HT, Seo JH, Aikawa E, Baj-Krzyworzeka M, van Balkom BW, Belting M, Blanc L, Bond V, Bongiovanni A, Borràs FE, Buée L, Buzás EI, Cheng L, Clayton A, Cocucci E, Dela Cruz CS, Desiderio DM, Di Vizio D, Ekström K, Falcon-Perez JM, Gardiner C, Giebel B, Greening DW, Gross JC, Gupta D, Hendrix A, Hill AF, Hill MM, Nolte-'t Hoen E, Hwang DW, Inal J, Jagannadham MV, Jayachandran M, Jee YK, Jørgensen M, Kim KP, Kim YK, Kislinger T, Lässer C, Lee DS, Lee H, van Leeuwen J, Lener T, Liu ML, Lötvall J, Marcilla A, Mathivanan S, Möller A, Morhayim J, Mullier F, Nazarenko I, Nieuwland R, Nunes DN, Pang K, Park J, Patel T, Pocsfalvi G, Del Portillo H, Putz U, Ramirez MI, Rodrigues ML, Roh TY, Royo F, Sahoo S, Schiffelers R, Sharma S, Siljander P, Simpson RJ, Soekmadji C, Stahl P, Stensballe A, Stępień E, Tahara H, Trummer A, Valadi H, Vella LJ, Wai SN, Witwer K, Yáñez-Mó M, Youn H, Zeidler R, and Gho YS.. "EVpedia: a community web portal for extracellular vesicles research." Bioinformatics. 31(6):933-939, 2015. PubMed Link
Please contribute to EVpedia. We need your helps......
Thank you for having an interest in EVpedia. You can help us improve EVpedia by:
- Uploading the published or unpublished protein/mRNA/miRNA/lipid datasets of EVs
Note that they could be deposited as private datasets before publication.
- Informing us with any EV-related publications which we have not addressed in EVpedia.
System requirements for best performance
- OS: MS Windows 7
- Browser: Google Chrome
- Resolution: 1,920 X 1,080
- OS: MS Window XP/7 and Apple OS X for PC. Google Android and Apple iOS for cell phone.
- Browser: Google Chrome, MS Internet explorer (higher than version 11), Apple Safari, and Mozilla Firefox